Cool Diwali

Beginning the first week of December, news channels and the general populace speculate whether we will see a white Christmas but who could have imagined that we will see a white Diwali?! Yes, it snowed for the most part of the day. And if that does not prove that climate change is at work to Sarah Palin, then I do not know what will (and I know that I digress but I can not help it). And now getting back on track....
We started the day with droping the kids to school and returning home to shine the silver for the “Lakshmi puja”, make rangoli on the porch while wearing an overcoat (brrrr) and contribute to our telephone provider by making the innumerable calls to wish Happy Diwali (that is what happens when your laptop dies on you for 2 weeks and you have no way to send Diwali wishes online but miraculaously it started working this afternoon. YIPPEE! Now, now, if only I get blessed with "dhan" and "lakshmi" too).
The afternoon was super exciting as I went to Taran and Roshan’s school to make a presentation to the kids on Diwali. The school kids and the teachers were very enthusiastic about the little show where I showed the presentation on my laptop, treated the kids and teachers with some home made “pedas”, showed them some “diyas” and “rangoli” powder. At the end of the presentation I asked my kids and their best buddy to sing a song (I had asked them to sing “Jai Ganesh” but they chose to sing “Bachna ae haseeno….” ‘coz they felt that was “cool”. Of course, the teachers did not understand the words and congratulated me on teaching my kids such wonderful religious hymns!!! And that truly made it a cool Diwali, literally and figuratively! Happy Diwali!

Comments

Priya said…
Didn't you know that "Bachna" is the new mantra. After all it has Ranbir in it. I wouldn't agree more!
Nidhi said…
Hahaha! Well, in which case the huge fan following of Ranbir would agree with T &R :>)
Unknown said…
It proves that the kids have their mothers genes in them -- just need a chance to sing and dance.