Fashion accessory to mortality

I had been thinking of buying a pashmina shawl for a long time and in my last trip to India I visited a few stores to shop for one. In one such shop, the store attendant was delivering her usual sales picth, "This is handmade. It is the finest cashmere in the world. And see how smooth and warm this is. And of course, pashmina shawls are heirlooms." Immediately Roshan interjected.

Roshan: Maa, what is heirloom?

Me: Something that is passed from generation to generation.

Roshan: OHHHH! I understand. So when you die, we will get it.

Me (not really happy to be reminded of my mortality): UMM! Yes.

Roshan (very matter-of-factly): Maa, then please can you buy two? So that when you die, Taran and I get one each!!!!

Comments

manisha said…
hahahaha nidhi ur kids r amazing. they r so intelligent.hahahahha mera hans hans kar bura haal hai.by the way kis par gaye hain tujh par ya ritesh par
Nidhi said…
Trust me, they have gone on neither of us. God was generous enough to give a little intelligence to a household where the older generation lacks it completely :>)
Unknown said…
thought he is going on u -- getting materialistic -- remember the time when u used to ask for colour tv, vcr and so on --- good --- traits are showing that they will do well in life
Pooja said…
It always amazes me how blase' kids are about their parents' passing and yet scared/ unhappy when said parent gets even a cold....

Good to see you back!