Update on my Avon walk for breast cancer

Hey there, as promised, I am back with an update. I am 6 weeks into my training. I have pretty much kept with the recommended training schedule. Also, I am thrilled that I have reached 53% of my fundraising goal. Many thanks to those who have donated towards my goal. And also to those who have sent me “stamina vibes”. And a big thanks to my good friend, Priya, for writing about my walk on her blog. Check out the post “All for a good cause” dated May 9, 2008 at http://reachpriya.tumblr.com/
Aah! Publicity - the frill benefits!!!
And for those who feel guilty of refusing to walk with me when I tried to rope in all of my friends in search of a walking partner, sweetie, here is your BIG chance to shed all your guilt. Just click on the link below and DONATE! :>)
http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR/Walk2008/NewYork?px=3864907&pg=personal&fr_id=1660&et=pLyyEexIUoHiqyFurenZ6Q..&s_tafId=323782
The fun part of this whole experience was when I attended one of the webinars made by my “Walker buddy” (a person from Avon who assists you in your preparation for the walk). She urged us to buy “wicking” material fitness apparel and 2-3 pairs of sturdy shoes. Right from that day, I was on a mission. It was not because I love to shop and each time there is a “sale” which, of course, happens every week, I am back rushing from the parking lot with the fervor of a child who is about to get his favorite toy; it is because I am a good citizen – I wish to contribute to the top line of the stores! It is also because you have got to wear fitness gear … after all you do not want to be covered with rash and blisters. And, let’s look at the positive side; I am “walking” in the malls too. And now that I have justified my visits, I have to admit DH has been very encouraging – his wallet is turning lighter by the week but the sweetheart that he is, he always says, “Go for it!” So, in true Academy awards style, this one is for you, honey. I am glad I have you in my life.

Comments