Race to the White House - simplified!

3 months ago, when I picked up my kids from school, their teacher, Ms Cathy said that during circle time when children get a chance to talk about whatever they wish, Taran raised his hand rather eagerly and this was the conversation that followed:

Ms. Cathy: Yes, Taran, what would you like to talk about?
Taran: "Three people want to become the president - Hillary Clinton, "Barrat Obama" and "John MTain". But only one can become the president."
Ms. Cathy, wide-eyed and wide-smiled: How do you know that?
Taran: I read it in the New York Times.

Fast forward to yesterday, when the following conversation took place between the two brothers:

Taran: My brother, do you know that Hillary Clinton does not want to become the president now?
(Clearly, we have not yet had a dinner table conversation to discuss the concept and process of nomination - so it is not the "want"; it is the "can't")
Roshan: I already know that.
Taran: Now there are only 2 people who want to become the president - "Barrat Obama" and "John MTain".
Roshan: I already know that.
Taran: Who do you wish should be the president?
Roshan: I want "Barrat Obama" to become the president because papa likes him and I like him. Who do you want as your president?
Taran: George Bush is a "Republitan" and John "MTain" is also a "Republitan". So that does not be fair if all the time "Republitans" be the president. But Barrat Obama is a “Demotrat” so I want him to become the president.

Comments

Priya said…
They have got to be Obama's youngest supporters! They never cease to amaze me!
TBD said…
Put one on Dad's column here considering Mom was a HRC supporter and I always was a Barrack supporter
Sachin Arora said…
I dont expect Roshan to ever support the male gender. This is just a passing phase. Go Rosh!!!
Anandi said…
Can I use this as an example about "immersion" learning in my college classes? PArents and teachers often wonder how to discus or bring up "complicated" topics to broaden their kids horizons..Sometimes its all about just having normal everyday conversation around them, and translating wherever needed.

On a lighter note, I wonder what "other" typically "grownup" topics you guys discuss over dinner and how much gyan these kids are actually sponging in:)) WATCH OUT..
Nidhi said…
Of course, you could use this example (YIPPEE - u always do wonders for my ego) and while you are at it ... tell them to check out this blog for future titbits ... there is one on global warming coming up soon :>)