Sarah Palin's geography lessons

Ok, I know it has been reallllllly long and there is no excuse for not writing. Not that there has been a dearth of reasons ....there were plenty...an awesome trip to Minnesota and South Dakota to visit friends, a trip to Washington D.C with friends from India, Taran and Roshan's "graduation" from Kindergarten, a long summer vacation in India, the mid-term polls (I really enjoyed that one ....what with a self-proclaimed "witch" and a "Manhattan madam" who said politicians are the worst prostitutes in the state and added, "I may be the only person sitting on this stage with the right experience to deal with them." WHOA!!!! But I am finally back and just could not miss out on my one of my favorite politician's proclamation yesterday. Of course, I refer to Sarah Palin. She said she was "looking at the lay of the land" to figure out if she should run for the White House in 2012.

First, I thought she was referring to the "The lay of the land" by Richard Ford but then I remembered from her interview with Katie Couric 2 years ago where it was clear that she preferred to stay away from the written word. But then the possibility appeared that she was talking about geography.

Now I am really happy for her that she finally figured out the geography. She now knows that she can NOT view Russia from her house - that even though in the world map, it looks close, on factoring some math (scale), it is pretty far from her house. So good for you, Ms. Palin. I am happy for you and will surely follow your candidacy in the near future. Good luck!

Comments

Unknown said…
so u r finally back doing what u do good... surely sarah palin has started taking geography lessons after reading all that you have had to say about her and this time she is out to prove you wrong and ensure that she gets your vote.. atleast..